Given the considerable resources needed to advance the strategic priorities of Harvard Kennedy School, the development committee will be charged with:
- Serving as HKS ambassadors with the goals of raising funds to advance strategic priorities;
- Advising the Dean, faculty, and senior staff on the development of a compelling case(s) for support of Harvard Kennedy School;
- Marketing messages both nationally and internationally; and integrating the various initiatives into a bold agenda that represents the whole Kennedy School community;
- Developing strategies that appeal to a variety of funding sources: individuals, corporations, foundations, governments, etc.;
- Identifying and cultivating potential funders through meetings, small gatherings, and events.
Membership and Nominating Committee
The membership and nominating committee is charged with working with the Dean and Council Chairs to ensure the ongoing strength and vitality of the Dean’s Council through
strategic recruitment of new members.
- Members will be asked to draw on their personal and professional networks to help identify and engage potential new members.
- The committee will review all new nominations and membership renewals.
- Members will be asked to meet with nominees and new members to help recruit and further engage them with the Council.
The program committee is charged to work with the Dean and senior staff to ensure that Dean’s Council meetings offer robust and compelling programming that is interesting to the Council at large and beneficial to the work of Kennedy School faculty.
- Committee members will participate via phone conferences with faculty and staff to identify, evaluate, and ultimately determine topics, themes, speakers, and programs for Dean’s Council regional and annual meetings, as well as Wiener Conference Calls and Dean’s Conference Calls.
- Members may be asked to assist with recruiting speakers and panelists.
- To ensure interactive and fruitful discussions at meetings, members also may be asked to assume facilitating roles during the meetings.
Student Engagement Committee
The student engagement committee is charged to work with senior staff in Alumni Relations, Career Services, and Degree Programs to identify ways in which the members of the Dean’s Council can become more knowledgeable about student life at the Kennedy School and engaged directly with students and alumni.
Committee members will be asked to serve as mentors, host career networking events and career information sessions, offer potential pathways to internships and post-graduate employment, and bring speakers and recruiters to the School.