2013 HKS Alumni Achievement Award Nomination Form
This award is intended for alumni who graduated from HKS more than six years ago. Thus the 2013 nominees must have completed an HKS degree or executive program by June 2007. Individuals must be nominated by HKS alumni, Harvard faculty, or Harvard staff members. Nominees must meet the specific selection criteria outlined below. The evaluation of each nomination will be based solely on the strength of the information included in the nomination along with supporting documentation. All information will be verified independently and phone interviews may be conducted.
Please fill out the form below and submit documentation addressing the following six items:
- List and describe one to three significant achievements that fall into any one of the following categories: 1) contributions, accomplishments, or innovations that have led to an important and influential historical change, an influential difference in a chosen field; 2) a significant contribution to a country, a community (local, regional, national, or international), agency, or cause; 3) or a series of smaller events that together have had a significant impact on the lives of many people. The nominee’s influence should be clear, tangible, and one that demonstrates a leadership role. If a single event qualifies the nominee, the event must have created a substantial impact and lasting value.
- Describe how the nominee’s achievements demonstrate an innovative, scalable, and sustainable approach to solving a public problem.
- Describe how the nominee’s work exemplifies HKS values such as courage, integrity, inspirational behavior, demonstrated commitment to public service, innovative leadership in making the world a better place, increasing public good, and solving public problems. Please include specific examples.
- Attach a CV/resume/professional biography that includes work history, volunteer community service activities, and any publications. Involvement in volunteer work should be supported by corresponding documentation.
- Please attach relevant publications or a link that can be used to view the nominee’s publications. Examples include, but are not limited to, newspaper articles, editorials, research papers, magazine articles, or public comments delivered at a public proceeding at any level (local, state, or federal).
- Please attach any additional resources that document the impact of the nominee’s achievements.