2013 Julius E. Babbitt Memorial Alumni Volunteer Award Nomination Form
HKS alumni may be self-nominated or nominated by a fellow alumnus/a, Harvard faculty or staff member, or anyone associated with Harvard. Nominees must meet the specific selection criteria outlined below for the award. The evaluation of each nomination will be based solely on the strength of the information included in the nomination and supporting documentation. All information will be verified independently, and phone interviews may be conducted. Nominations may be resubmitted from one year to the next.
Please fill out the form below and submit documentation addressing the following six items:
- Describe how the nominee has distinguished him/herself by volunteering time, creativity, and energy to the HKS community. Provide specific examples of the volunteer’s activities and the impact they have had on the HKS community.
- Describe how the nominee has demonstrated uncommon commitment to advancing the spirit of volunteerism and service to HKS and its alumni community. Provide specific examples and the impact they have had on HKS and its alumni community.
- List volunteer activities and include the type of activity, dates, location, and a brief description. Volunteer activities include but are not limited to organizing events, leading regional activities, planning and organizing class reunions, securing class gifts, researching “lost” alumni lists, networking for jobs for their peers and current students, acting as a career counselor and/or mentor to current or past HKS students, referring candidates for admission to degree and executive programs, or contributing in other powerful ways not currently envisioned.
- Attach a CV/resume/professional biography that includes work history, volunteer community service activities, and any relevant publications. Involvement in volunteer work should be supported by corresponding documentation.
- Attach relevant publications or a link to such publications. Examples include, but are not limited to, newspaper articles or editorials.
- Attach any other resources that document the impact of the nominee’s volunteer work on the HKS community.