Graduating Class Gift 2013
Committee Cochair Position Description
The HKS Fund Graduating Class Gift Cochairs lead the effort to educate fellow students about the importance and impact of alumni donations to the HKS Fund, and to secure broad participation from the graduating class. The HKS Fund supports the school’s greatest needs including financial aid, academic programs, and faculty research. Cochairs will gain experience running a fundraising campaign and work closely with classmates, staff, and alumni volunteer leadership.
Responsibilities and expectations:
- Recruit classmates to serve on the Class Gift Committee;
- Attend and contribute to committee meetings organized by the Office of Alumni Relations and Resource Development (ARRD);
- Organize and staff an information and donation table in the Forum for one week in each February, March, and April;
- Work with ARRD to plan additional marketing and publicity activities;
- Contribute to the class gift;
- Directly solicit classmates for gifts;
- Present the class gift check to Dean Ellwood at Class Day;
- Sign your name to appeal letters for the year following graduation.