- ~ no upcoming events listed ~
- March 12, 2012: Sanam Anderlini, Gender Adviser to the UN Standby Mediation team, will speak at MIT on Monday, March 12, from 4:30-6:30 in Room E51-275. Ms. Anderlini will speak about the Arab spring and women's rights. She is completing a year as gender adviser to the UN Standby Mediation Team, and they have spent much of their time on turmoil in the Arab world. Following this tour of duty, she will be continue to advise on women, peace and security issues for the Norwegian Foreign Office.
- March 5, 2012: Film Screening of "War Redefined" Featuring series executive producer Abigail E. Disney. Reception at 5:30 PM - featuring wine and appetizers. Film Screening at 6:30 PM, Panel to follow. Panelists include: Abigail E. Disney, Ambassador Swanee Hunt, Dr. Amani El Jack, and Carr Center Fellow Sahana Dharmapuri.
- February 24, 2012: Conference "Cultural and Linguistic Advancement for Mission Success: Enhancing Language, Regional, and Cultural Capabilities Across Whole of Government for an Effective COIN Strategy." Carr Center Fellow Sahana Dharmapuri, will be a panelist during the session "Exploring the Growing Cultural Role of Gender Across the Ranks." Co-panelists include: Jolynn Shoemaker, Executive Director of Women in International Security and Kristen Cordell, Advocate from Refugees International.
- February 26, 2012: Tufts Global Leadership Conference
- February 29, 2012: Speech by Shadia Marhaban, Fellow, Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, Harvard University. 4:00-6:00pm, Room 3545, 3rd Floor, Campus Center, University of Massachusetts Boston. Event sponsored by the Consortium on Gender, Security and Human Rights.
RSVP requested >
- November 5, 2011: Harvard Leadership Conference 2011, "Human Rights Considerations in Peace Processes". Speakers: Carr Center Fellow Sahana Dharmapuri, and United States Institute for Peace Senior Fellow, and former Human Rights Commissioner of Uganda, Veronica Eragu.
More on the conference >
- October 11, 2011: Women, War and Peace, A new, 5-part PBS documentary series airs Tuesdays: Oct 11, Oct 18, Oct 25, Nov 1, Nov 8.
Go to the PBS series home >
- October 4, 2011: JFK Jr. Forum Event: “Behind the PBS documentary series Women, War and Peace”
Watch complete video coverage of this event >