Jump to:Page Content
CID awards modest grants on a competitive basis to first year students who undertake summer internships on development projects through the Harvard International Development Internship Fund (HIDIF).
Grant Criteria and Eligibility:
- Competition is open to HKS 1st year students.
- Internship must be on a development related issue.
- Internship must take place in a developing country other than the student’s home country.
- Internship must be 8 weeks or longer at one organization.
- Priority will be given to internships related to CID's faculty affiliated projects.
Application deadline: March 30, 2015
To apply, go to the online application via KNET. Application packages should include the following:
- Summer Programs Online Application (available via KNET’s link above)
- Statement of Purpose (maximum 2 pages describing your interest in international development and how this internship relates)
- Current Resume
- Sponsor Letter from the organization for which you will be working
ALL APPLICANTS must also complete the following documents. Hard copies of these forms need to be dropped off to the HIDIF Application Committee in Taubman in the drop box outside T212 at The Study by the March 30, 2015 deadline.
In the event a student is awarded from HIDIF, submission of these three documents ensure that the award checks are processed prior to departure for the internship.
Without these documents, we do not guarantee funding in a timely manner.
Questions? Contact Karen Vanderwillik.
MPA/ID students interned with the Albanian Ministry of Agriculture in 2014.