The Atlas online is a powerful interactive tool of The Atlas of Economic Complexity that enables users to visualize a country’s total trade, track how these dynamics change over time and explore growth opportunities for more than a hundred countries worldwide.
Why is The Atlas important?
The Atlas is used by investors, entrepreneurs, policymakers, students and the general public to better understand the competitive landscape of countries around the globe. For any given country, The Atlas shows which products are produced and exported; The Atlas can then use this information to suggest products a country could begin manufacturing in order to fuel economic growth. As a dynamic resource, The Atlas is continually evolving with new data and features to help analyze economic growth and development.
The Atlas can answer questions such as:
- What does a country import and export?
- How has its trade evolved over time?
- What are the drivers of export growth?
- Which new industries are likely to emerge in a given geography? Which are likely to disappear?
- What are the GDP growth prospects of a given country in the next 5-10 years, based on its productive capabilities?
The ongoing development and evolution of The Atlas online is made possible by the Founding Members. The Founding Members are a group of leading institutions that believe in the vision of The Atlas online and provide funding and support instrumental to the development and maintenance of this public good. The Founding Members are provided with training to maximize the utility of The Atlas online within their organizations, and they collaborate with CID by offering feedback on the tool's functionality.
Our Founding Members include:
- Alejandro Santo Domingo & Family
- Investec Asset Management
- CAF Development Bank of Latin America
- International Centre for Sports Security
- United States International Trade Commission
If you are interested in becoming a Founding Member of The Atlas online, please email Andrea Carranza, CID Assistant Director or call 617.384.5734.