Jump to:Page Content
Monday, December 3 at 5:00 p.m. in the Malkin Penthouse
4th floor of the Littauer Building, 79 John F. Kennedy Street
Join us for a panel discussion with government leaders at the state, tribal and local level who will be impacted by the "Fiscal Cliff" negotiations currently taking place in Washington. $55 billion in non-defense spending cuts are on the table. Come learn more about what these cuts would mean for education, health, environmental protection, transportation, welfare and housing at the state, tribal and local level.
• Prof. Linda Bilmes, Harvard Kennedy School
• Karen R. Diver, Chairwoman, Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
• Linda Forry, Massachusetts State Representative
• Gary Moran, Senior Deputy Commissioner, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
• Jake Sullivan, Chief of Staff/Federal Relations, Boston Mayor Thomas Menino's Office of Advocacy and Strategic Investment
• Prof. David King, Moderator
Sponsored by The RSLT (Regional, State, Local and Tribal) Governance PIC
Co-Sponsors: Harvard Project on American Indian Economic Development, Center for Public Leadership, Rappaport Institute of Greater Boston, and the Taubman Center for State and Local Government
Interested in learning more about the RSLT PIC or to sign up for our mailing list? Contact Chair Alvin_Warren@hks13.harvard.edu.
The RSLT PIC was formed to develop, interconnect and support Harvard University graduate students, executive education students and alumni to serve as effective public leaders in regional, state, tribal and local government.