August 2005 Briefing Handout
8/11/05, 12:00pm-1pm and 8/18/05, 12:00pm-1pm
Project Sponsors: Tim Bowman & Marie Manna
Project Coordinator: Kim Harris
Projected Time Line
- September 2005-February 2006: Implementation Planning Team (IPT) work
- January 2006-June 2006: Pilot Teams (PT) in place
- July 2006: Faculty assistant Work Teams (WT) assembled and begin work
Ideal Composition of Teams
- Implementation Project Team (IPT): One team with a total of 10 to 11 members, including HUCTW representative, Kim Harris, 1 faculty assistant from the original Design Team, 6 faculty assistants: 3 selected from each of the 2 Pilot Teams, and the meeting facilitator from CTD; and possible a faculty member and Center Executive Director.
- Pilot Team (PT): Two teams with a total of 6-8 members per team, each of which includes 3 faculty assistants who will also be members of the IPT plus 3-5 more faculty assistant participants.
- Work Teams (WT): Nine to 11 teams with a total of 6-8 members per team. Each team includes a member from a PT.
Requirements for Team Members
- IPT: Willing to read materials, attend training and meetings, and actively participate in constructive discussions during meetings and training to learn about and apply NWSH concepts for the overall benefit of KSG faculty, assistants, and the School; actively contribute to developing guidelines and policies of and planning for KSG’s NWSH implementation, and in research for and writing of the NWSH Implementation Plan; perform other administrative and communications tasks as necessary. Commitment of approximately 2 hours per week in planning work, and an additional 1 hour per week to update, obtain feedback from, and relay concepts to PT members. To minimize disruption to regular faculty support work, IPT work will be scheduled before and after the regular workday, or during lunch. Members will be compensated additionally at their regular rate if their workload requires them to work beyond their regular schedules.
- PT: Willing to attend training and actively participate in discussions to learn about and apply NWSH concepts; provide feedback to IPT members on guidelines and policies of and plans for KSG’s NWSH implementation. Commitment of approximately 1.5 hours per week to meet with other PT members and for training from October-December 2005, and dropping to between 30-60 minutes per week for coordination with PT members between January-June 2006.