Poverty, Vulnerability, Targeted Programs, Crises: Research Narrative
- Poverty strategy and poverty measurement
- Defining and measuring vulnerability
- The targeting of "Safety Net" programs
- The political economy of transfers
- Moving out of Poverty: Success from the Bottom Up. (joint with Deepa Narayan and Soumya Kapur). Book based on a multi-regional study using mixed quantitative and qualitative methods to examine the dynamics of poverty. This is a link to the entire book. Chapter 2 (an analysis of mobility using transition matrices from community rankings of household poverty over a 10 year period) is available here.
- Moving out of Poverty: Success from the Bottom Up. (April 27, 2009). This was a joint presentation with Deepa Narayan at the book launch of your new book (of the same title). It has some of the graphs and findings of the book. The book has its own site.