Meet JACK: Jobs and Careers for the Kennedy School
Our High-quality Job and Career Management System
JACK: Jobs and Careers for the Kennedy School is the Office of Career Advancement (OCA)'s comprehensive job bank and career management system. Thousands of high caliber and quality jobs, fellowships and summer internships are posted in JACK every year. Within JACK, OCA also maintains an extensive database of employers working in areas of interest to our students and graduates.
Getting Started with JACK: STUDENTS & ALUMNI
Students and Alumni: Login HERE for JACK.
Please follow the steps below to begin using JACK:
- Register or login to JACK using your Harvard PIN (student) or Alumni.Harvard username and password (alumni) to access your personal JACK home page.
- To benefit from what JACK has to offer, you must first create a profile. Please take a few minutes to complete the registration form – this will allow you access to the system as well as allow us to target our communications to you.
- Explore JACK. View jobs, create job search agents that deliver daily/weekly job announcement emails, research employers, and upload your resume into your personal document library.
- Alumni will find a JACK User Guide as well as other career resources under the "Alumni Resources" tab in JACK. Students have access to these resources on KNet, our student intranet (login required).
Getting Started with JACK: EMPLOYERS
Employers can access JACK for Employers to set up an account and post opportunities for our students and alumni. To establish an account:
- Use your email address to create an account and secure a password
- Register for access to recruiting services as well as targeted information on events of interest to you and your organization. (Your name and contact information will be viewable by OCA staff only.)
- Refer to the JACK User Guide for Employers in the OCA Document Library or the video tutorials located throughout for tips on navigating the system
Once the account is approved, you can:
- Post jobs, fellowships, and internships
- Get system reminders as jobs are close to expiration
- Direct student/alumni applications to your company website, to an email address, or to a collection site on the JACK system
- Schedule briefings and interviews
- View student resumes through targeted student resume books
Feedback and questions
Send us feedback and questions through the feedback window on your JACK home page or send an email to email@example.com.
Fraudulent Job Postings
Students and Alumni: As you conduct your job search, please be aware that scams on the Internet include fraudulent job postings designed to draw an unsuspecting job searcher into disclosing confidential financial/personal information. If you have concerns about the legitimacy of an announcement, please bring it to the attention of the OCA staff.
Please be aware that all job postings are screened by an OCA staff member and approved before posting.