Jump to:Page Content
Home > News & Events > News > Press Releases > Not Just Politics as Usual: Luminaries to mark 10th anniversary of George magazine’s founding, discuss the intersection of culture and politics at Kennedy School
Cambridge, MA — Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government will host a panel discussion October 11 to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the founding of George magazine. “Not Just Politics as Usual…” will begin at 6 p.m. at the John F. Kennedy Jr. Forum, 79 JFK Street, Cambridge (ticketed event — see note below).
Panelists will discuss the relationship between culture and politics and how it has evolved over the past ten years.
The discussion, to be moderated by NBC’s Tom Brokaw, will include satellite appearances by former President Bill Clinton and California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
George magazine was created in 1995 by John F. Kennedy, Jr. and Michael Berman, with the goal of engaging more citizens, particularly women and young people, in the political process. By focusing on the intersection of culture and politics, George sought to make politics relevant, interesting and fun.
Forum panelists include:
· ROGER AILES, chairman, Fox News Channel and chairman of Fox Television Stations
· PAUL BEGALA, political analyst, CNN; contributor, George magazine
· JEHMU GREENE, president, Rock the Vote (2003-2005)
· KATRINA VANDEN HEUVEL, editor, The Nation
· JUDY WOODRUFF, visiting fellow, Shorenstein Center, Kennedy School of Government, and former anchor, CNN’s Inside Politics
· TOM BROKAW, (moderator) anchor, NBC Nightly News with Tom Brokaw (1983-2004)
With introductory remarks by: Governor Jeanne Shaheen, director of Harvard’s Institute of Politics and Caroline Kennedy, member, Institute of Politics’ Senior Advisory Committee
· PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON
· GOVERNOR ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER
This is a ticketed event. See the Institute of Politics’ website for information: http://www.iop.harvard.edu/
Journalists interested in covering the Forum should phone the Kennedy School Communications Office at (617) 495-1115 to reserve space on the press riser.
A live Vivex video/audio feed of this Forum is also available.
This event will be web-streamed live: http://www.iop.harvard.edu/events_forum.html