The Policy GroupThe
HCDP Policy Group is made up of representatives from industrial and government
leadership of such major sectors as purchasers, consumers, insurers, providers,
suppliers, and regulators. The Group convenes as a confidential forum several
times a year to explore opportunities for transforming health care delivery to:
1) harness the potential of the revolution in information technology (IT); 2)
harvest the results of new medical science (genomic and micro technologic); and
3) meet the needs of increasingly knowledgeable and demanding consumers. The Group
seeks to outline a regulatory and policy framework that can support efforts to
streamline care in accordance with the growing evidence-based approach to diagnosis
and treatment of disease, thus paving the way toward a common understanding of
the industry and options for groundbreaking and thorough change.
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Center for Medical Consumers
The Commonwealth Fund
Department of Defense
Merck & Co.
The Segal Company
University of Pennsylvania Health System
- Measuring Productivity in Health Care Delivery
Will Disruptive Innovations Cure Health Care?
- Information and Other Enabling
Technologies for Health Care Reform
- How 401(k)s are Shaping the Future of
Health Care Insurance for American Workers
- The Future of Health Care Information
- Physicians and Their Organization: Where Are They Now and Where
Are They Going?
- Medicare and Medicaid--Where Is It Going?
- How are State Demonstrations Affecting
- The View from the White House
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission/National Association of Security Dealers--How
These Agencies Might Be Replicated For Medical Oversight
- Federal Aviation
Administration/National Transportation Safety Board--One Strategy to Assure Safety