Gifts to the HKS Fund are immediately used to support core areas of the School, including student financial aid. This flexibility is key to addressing current challenges and sustaining future growth.
Unrestricted funds are especially valuable because they allow HKS to address immediate priorities and enhance programs that are not covered by the endowment or other sources. These gifts also provide the initial investment and catalyst for innovative enterprises that may otherwise not be possible.
What Challenges Do We Face?
- Harvard Kennedy School needs the flexibility to react quickly to new opportunities at the frontiers of transformative knowledge.
- The economic climate has made us keenly aware of our vulnerability in maintaining our place on these frontiers.
- Immediately accessible funds help to secure the School’s commitment to these bold and ever-evolving endeavors.
What Is Possible If We Choose to Lead?
- We can continue to make possible a student experience that lives up to the extraordinary potential of our talented students and faculty.
- We can continue to give life to new ideas as they emerge and sustain our core.
- We will lead and nurture the next generation of public servants around the world.