WAPPP Intern, Cultural Bridge
Kwanele, South Africa
Kwanele is currently developing a pilot project to assess how to best address GBV. Ruijia will be assisting the following potential programs:
- Providing trauma support to girls and women who are abuse victims or networking with organizations that specialize in this.
- Developing training for outreach workers in a spectrum of skills, so that they can provide support and guidance throughout different communities of Cape Town.
- Providing legal support to abuse victims, which can include court preparations, legal advice, and logistical support to ensure women can get to court houses.
- Running educational workshops at schools.
- Doing research into trends around GBV, and using data and strategic partnerships to influence policy and legislation to protect victims.