If you plan to apply for financial assistance, you must submit your online master’s degree application before you can access our financial aid application. You will receive detailed instructions on how to apply for financial assistance once we receive your online application.
The deadline to submit your financial assistance application is Monday, February 4, 2019. This deadline applies to all of our applicants, domestic and international. See a timeline of our financial aid application process:
Applying for Financial Aid Checklist
- Research Harvard and external fellowship and scholarship opportunities
- Submit your application for admission—this is required before you gain access to the HKS Application for Financial Assistance
- Complete the HKS Application for Financial Assistance by the February 4, 2019 deadline—after you have submitted your application for admission—by visiting this website and selecting "Financial Aid"
- If you are a domestic student, complete the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 4, 2019
We encourage you to apply regardless of financial need. The majority of our fellowships and scholarships are primarily merit based. By applying for financial assistance, you will be considered for:
- Dean's and Kennedy Fellowships
- Public Service Fellowships
- Research center-based fellowships
- A variety of HKS scholarships and fellowships
- Restricted scholarships from the Harvard Committee on General Scholarships
- Financial need-based funds
Doctoral Program Applicants
Learn more about tuition and funding opportunities if you are applying to the PhD in Political Economy and Government or PhD in Public Policy programs.