If you plan to apply for financial assistance, you must submit your online master’s degree application before you can access our financial aid application. You will receive detailed instructions on how to apply for financial assistance once we receive your online application.
The deadline to submit your financial assistance application is 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, February 4, 2021. Applicants who submit a financial aid application and are admitted to the Kennedy School will be notified of their financial aid decision soon after receiving the offer of admission.
A timeline of our financial aid application process is below:
Applying for Financial Aid Checklist
- Research Harvard and external fellowship and scholarship opportunities
- Submit your application for admission—this is required before you can access the HKS Application for Financial Assistance
- Complete the HKS Application for Financial Assistance by the February 4, 2021 deadline—after you have submitted your application for admission—by visiting this website and selecting "Financial Aid"
- If you are a domestic student, complete the 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 4, 2021
We encourage you to apply regardless of financial need. The majority of our fellowships and scholarships are primarily merit based. By applying for financial assistance, you will be considered for:
- Dean's and Kennedy Fellowships
- Financial need-based funds
- Public Service Fellowships
- Research center-based fellowships
- Restricted scholarships from the Harvard Committee on General Scholarships
- A variety of HKS scholarships and fellowships
Doctoral Program Applicants
Learn more about tuition and funding opportunities if you are applying to the PhD in Political Economy and Government or PhD in Public Policy programs.