If you plan to apply for financial assistance, you must submit your online master’s degree application before you can access our financial aid application. You will receive detailed instructions on how to apply for financial assistance once we receive your online application.
The deadline to submit your financial assistance application was Monday, February 3, 2020 at 5 p.m. EST. This deadline applied to all of our applicants, domestic and international. If you submitted an application, you were notified of our decision in mid-March 2020.
A timeline of our financial aid application process is below:
Applying for Financial Aid Checklist
- Research Harvard and external fellowship and scholarship opportunities
- Submit your application for admission—this is required before you can access the HKS Application for Financial Assistance
- Complete the HKS Application for Financial Assistance by the February 3, 2020 deadline—after you have submitted your application for admission—by visiting this website and selecting "Financial Aid"
- If you are a domestic student, complete the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 3, 2020
We encourage you to apply regardless of financial need. The majority of our fellowships and scholarships are primarily merit based. By applying for financial assistance, you will be considered for:
- Dean's and Kennedy Fellowships
- Public Service Fellowships
- Research center-based fellowships
- A variety of HKS scholarships and fellowships
- Restricted scholarships from the Harvard Committee on General Scholarships
- Financial need-based funds
Doctoral Program Applicants
Learn more about tuition and funding opportunities if you are applying to the PhD in Political Economy and Government or PhD in Public Policy programs.