The application deadline for fall 2018 admission has passed. We do not accept applications after the deadline and do not offer spring admission. Please visit this page in September 2018 to access our application for fall 2019 admission.
Applying to graduate school is an exciting process, but it can be time intensive. Stay informed of all the steps you’ll need to take to meet our academic and professional prerequisites and submit a competitive—and complete—application to Harvard Kennedy School. Explore these pages. Now is the time.
Your complete application to one of our master’s programs will include the following:
- Online application
- $100 application fee
- Essays, which vary by program (see this year's essay topics)
- Additional analytic resume/statement, which vary by program
- Three strong letters of recommendation from individuals in academia or other professional sectors who know you well and can tell us about your qualifications for our programs
- Academic transcripts that include your institution's name, course names, grades you received and proof of your degree (if received)
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, and/or IELTS)
Each year, we receive more applications from qualified candidates than we’re able to admit, but we review and consider all applications submitted to us before admitting the strongest applicants. You cannot assume you’ll be admitted to HKS even if you meet our admissions criteria.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report Availability
The University is required by federal law (The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, 20 U.S.C. 1092(f), known as the “Clery Act”) to publish an Annual Security Report and an Annual Fire Safety Report. Read more about these reports.