We understand that there are many factors to consider when preparing to pursue a master’s degree, one of which will be how to finance your education.
If you’ve applied for admission this application cycle, we also encourage you to complete the application for financial assistance, which you can find on your application status page under the “Financial Aid Application” tab. The deadline to submit the HKS application for financial assistance is this Friday, January 12, 2024 at 12 p.m. ET.
Important financial aid reminders
For applicants for the 2024-2025 academic year
- We encourage you to apply for financial assistance regardless of financial need. The majority of our fellowships and scholarships are primarily based on merit.
- We are committed to distributing as much financial assistance as possible to our talented applicants; however, our institutional resources are limited. Submission of an application for financial aid does not guarantee that you will receive assistance.
- You must apply for financial assistance before knowing your final admission outcome. There are very few opportunities to be considered for scholarship consideration after being admitted to or enrolling at HKS.
- You are also encouraged to explore opportunities for external funding.
- Many fellowships require submission of an essay. Essays should be uploaded through the links contained within the financial aid application only once they are finalized. Please ensure you have uploaded all of the essays for the fellowships for which you wish to be considered prior to submission of the financial aid application. Once submitted, you will be unable to make changes to the application or submit additional essays.
You can view answers to some other frequently asked questions in our earlier blog post.