The information is provided below in accordance with Federal Consumer Information regulations. Contact the Office of Student Financial Services for details or to request a hard copy.
HKS Financial Assistance Process Information
Basic financial assistance and contact information
Total cost of attendance
Terms and conditions for students to receive Direct Loans
- General information on Federal Loans
- Direct Unsubsidized Stafford loan program
- Direct Grad PLUS loan program
Need-based and non-need-based state and local aid programs, school aid programs and other private aid programs
- Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority (MEFA)
- HKS Funding Resource Database
- Other external loan programs
How students apply for aid, and how eligibility is determined
How does the school distribute aid among students?
How/When financial aid will be disbursed
Rights and responsibilities of students receiving financial assistance
Terms and conditions of any employment that is part of a financial aid package
Terms, schedules, loan repayment necessity, required loan entrance/exit counseling
- HKS Student Loans general information on entrance/exit counseling
- Details on entrance/exit counseling for admitted students on internal site
- Additional details are available on request if you are a prospective student
Criteria for measuring Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP): how a student who has not maintained SAP can reestablish eligibility for federal financial aid
- SAP standards for federal financial aid eligibility are the same as Harvard College’s for matriculation.
- HKS Student Handbook Financial Matters
- HKS Student Handbook Academics
Requirements to return federal financial aid when a student withdraws: return to Title IV (R2T4) Compliance and Student Aid Refund Policy
Information about Academic Programs and Student Attainment
Accreditation and institutional research
- Visit Harvard Office of Institutional Research for names of associations, agencies and/or governmental bodies that accredit, approve or license the school and its programs, and how students may review a copy of the school’s accreditation, licensure or approval.
Cross registration and transfer policy
- HKS does not accept transfer credits
- HKS Student Handbook: Academics
- HKS cross registration web page
Facilities and services for students with disabilities
- HKS Student Handbook General Regulations and Standards
- HKS Disability Services
- Contact the Dean of Students or Senior Director of Student Services and Disabilities Accommodations Coordinator
Degree programs, training and other educational opportunities available as well as plans for improving academic programs at the university
Instructional, laboratory and other physical plant facilities associated with academic programs
- Harvard University Information Technology maintains a complete list of all Harvard buildings available.
List of HKS faculty members and instructional personnel
HKS Faculty Directory
Terms and conditions for students receiving federal loans to obtain deferment
Information on placement of/types of employment obtained by HKS graduates
Consumer information for student athletes
Graduation rate information
School Facilities, Services and Campus Policies
Drug and alcohol abuse prevention
Campus security statistics and security policies
Harvard provides a number of resources to help students understand campus security statistics and policies.
- Campus Security Statistics, as required under the Clery Act, are available at the Harvard University Police Department website
- HUPD's Guide to Security Polices and Safety Tips: Playing It Safe
Harvard Kennedy School missing persons procedures
Emergency response and evacuation procedures
- HKS Emergency Information
- HKS Emergency Guide; hard copies available in the HKS facilities office
Harvard University’s fire safety report
Harvard vaccination policy
Policies and sanctions related to copyright infringement
- Harvard Office of the General Counsel Copyright and Fair Use
- Harvard Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Harvard Copyright Policy
- Information about required textbooks and supplemental materials may be obtained through the Online Course Materials internal portal
- Held on September 17. An annual notice is sent to the university community by the University Financial Aid Liaison Office about specific events.
- Learn more about Constitution Day.
Harvard University student code of conduct
- The Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA) requires institutions participating in federal student loan programs to develop, publish and enforce a student loan code of conduct. See Harvard University Student Loan Code of Conduct.
FERPA compliance and blocks
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 protects the privacy of student records. In addition to the normal protections provided by this law, students may specifically request an additional level of privacy called a FERPA Block.
- HKS Student Handbook Education Records
- Students receive an email from Harvard Kennedy School that includes voter information.
- Learn more about registering to vote in Massachusetts
- Harvard Institute of Politics’ voter registration information website