The HKS Alumni Board currently comprises 18 elected members and four appointed members, two of whom are chosen as HKS liaisons to the Harvard Alumni Association (HAA). Election to the HKS Alumni Board is a four-step process. To be elected, candidates must complete each step. The next election cycle and opportunity to run for the Board will begin in January 2022.
Step 1: Self-nominations
- Self-nominations will reopen for the next cycle in January 2022.
- All HKS alumni, both degree-program and professional learning, are eligible to self-nominate for the Board.
- Only self-nominations are accepted. We do not accept recommendations of other alumni.
Step 2: First-round Review
- The Elections Committee within the Alumni Board will review all self-nominations and determine which candidates will move on to the interview round.
Step 3: Interviews
- Candidates will be informed whether they have made it to the interview round.
- Candidates who make it to the interview round will be contacted by a member of the Elections Committee to set up a time for a virtual interview.
Step 4: Elections
- Once all the interviews are conducted, the Elections Committee will determine which of the candidates will make the voting slate of 20.
- The HKS alumni community will be invited to vote on the candidates to join the Board. During this time, candidates may network and campaign for themselves among their peers.
- The candidates with the highest number of votes will serve as new Board members whose four-year terms will begin July 1, 2022.