Harvard Kennedy School Professional and Lifelong Learning alumni status and benefits are available to those who complete either:
- An Executive Education program and earn a Harvard Kennedy School Executive Education Certificate of Completion;
- or all six Public Leadership Credential courses, along with the capstone, and earn their Public Leadership Credential (PLC).
As a new member of this community, you are eligible to receive select alumni benefits, which include:
Alumni Status Recognition
Recognition of your Harvard Kennedy School Executive Education or PLC experience should be listed on your resume or CV or LinkedIn profile as either:
- Awarded a Certificate of Completion for the [Insert Program Name] Program, [Insert Program Month/Year], John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, Executive Education.
- Awarded the Public Leadership Credential, [Insert Year], John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
*Note: professional and lifelong learning alumni do not receive a Harvard Key or a Harvard Alumni Association ID.
You are invited to attend events around the world hosted by HKS Alumni Relations, HKS Regional Alumni Associations, and Professional and Lifelong Learning Alumni representatives. Invitations will be sent to your email on record. You are welcome to access HKS virtual events listed here.
Join a Harvard Kennedy School alumni network to remain connected to the community. There are two types of networks to explore —Regional Networks and Shared Interest Groups.
HKS Board Membership
You are eligible to apply to serve on the HKS Alumni Board, which comprises 22 volunteer members. This volunteer board works to strengthen connections among HKS alumni across the globe by supporting alumni, current students, and the School. Elections for the Board take place every two years.
Harvard Kennedy School Executive Education alumni will be automatically subscribed to the HKS Executive Education Alumni monthly newsletter, which features the latest news and events, as well as profiles of our accomplished alumni. Share your story here for a chance to be featured and share how Harvard executive education contributed to your journey as a leader.
PLC alumni will be automatically enrolled in the PLC professional learning alumni forum. This restricted-access forum enables you to connect with your fellow PLC “capstone completers" from across cohorts. Share your professional updates, ask a question, network about organizations, fields, industries, and stay in touch with fellow changemakers .
Office of Career Advancement
The HKS Office of Career Advancement is interested in building partnerships with Professional and Lifelong Learning Alumni and offers the following resources:
- Learn more about hiring HKS degree-program students and opportunities to post jobs/internships here.
- Explore the summer internship page, which discusses the process of hiring a Harvard Kennedy School intern and provides examples of successful internship experiences.
- Get more information on the HKS Policy Analysis Exercise here.