A message from Dean Douglas Elmendorf
To the HKS Community,
Notably fewer students tested positive for COVID last week than in the preceding weeks, so we are relaxing the recently added restrictions on eating inside. Thank you for responding so effectively to keep our community safe.
People can eat inside together again at HKS—but only in designated dining areas or private offices. To protect everyone’s health, remember: “fork down, mask up.”
If cases rise again, we will need to impose new restrictions. So, please remember:
- Students must continue to submit a COVID test twice per week (or three times per week for those with a medical or religious exemption from vaccination). Staff, faculty, and fellows should test on their normal schedule or more often if they prefer.
- Students must not participate unmasked in large, indoor group activities. Being unmasked in densely packed outdoor events also presents risk, albeit less than at indoor events, so we strongly encourage you to stay masked for such outdoor events.
- Everyone must be masked when inside HKS, except if actively eating or drinking in designated areas or a private office. The Student Lounge is not a designated eating area.
- Everyone should give honest and complete answers to contact tracers.
- Everyone who does not feel well should stay off campus.
Thank you for your continued concern for everyone’s health. We all share the responsibility of preventing new cases.