The Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business and Government is proud to announce a program partnership with the Initiative for Responsible Investment (IRI). IRI is a research initiative at the Hauser Institute for Civil Society that examines the practice of responsible and impact investing, and the theory around the social purpose of finance. The research explores investment choices and opportunities across a diverse set of asset classes, investor types and issue areas to engage private sector investment in support of social and environmental goals. Recent papers have focused on modern portfolio theory and the role of investment beliefs in portfolio management as well as agency issues, policy environment issues, investment opportunity sets, and cultural realities that inform the process of engaging in responsible or impact investing. IRI’s wide-ranging work represents a commitment to exploring the impacts of investment on the real economy, and role that investors and stakeholders can play in building financial markets that support long-term sustainable wealth creation.
Click Here for more News about IRI
IRI's Areas of Concentration
The IRI is currently engaged in research in the following areas:
- Place-based investment and capital absorption
- Investment in sustainable infrastructure
- Impact investing and public policy
- Responsible investment in public pension funds with the Trustee Leadership Forum
Additional IRI research activity includes:
- Tracking corporate social responsibility disclosure requirements globally
- The unique role of foundations in the impact investing ecosystem with the Mission Investors Exchange
- Following impact investing industry trends, from investors to intermediaries and investable opportunities
- Alternative theories of investment across asset classes
What ties the IRI’s wide-ranging work together is a commitment to exploring the impacts of investment on the real economy, and role that investors and stakeholders can play in building financial markets that support long-term sustainable wealth creation.