Summer Internship Funding
CID awards modest grants on a competitive basis to first year students who undertake summer internships on development projects through the Harvard International Development Internship Fund (HIDIF).
Grant Criteria and Eligibility:
- Competition is open to HKS first year MPA/ID students.
- Internship must be on a development related issue.
- Internship must take place in a developing country other than the student’s home country.*
- Internship must be 8 weeks or longer at one organization.
- Priority will be given to internships related to CID's faculty affiliated projects.
*Due to the Executive Orders, this year, exceptions may be made for development oriented work in US and other industrialized countries on case by case basis. Exceptions may be made for internships in the student’s home country on a case by case basis, if funding remains.
Application process opens: March 2nd, 2018
Application deadline: March 26th, 2018 at 9am
To apply, go to the online application via KNET. Application packages should include the following:
Summer Programs Online Application (available via KNET’s link above)
- Statement of Purpose (1 page describing your interest in international development and how this internship relates)
- Detailed budget
- Current CV
- Sponsor Letter from the organization for which you will be working
ALL APPLICANTS must also complete the following documents:
- HIDIF Award Agreement (once notified of award)
- Assumption of Risk (once notified of award)
In the event a student is awarded from HIDIF, submission of these documents ensure that the award checks are processed prior to departure for the internship.
Without these documents, we do not guarantee funding in a timely manner.
If awarded from HIDIF, CID requires students to:
- Submit us at least 2 blogs highlighting their internship experience. These will be published on CID’s webpage.
- Send us at least 5-8 high resolution pictures of their work in the field.
- Participate in a welcome back session with all interns to provide a quick overview of their experience.
- Be available to speak with other students about their experience.
Email completed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'HIDIF Summer Internship.'
Questions? Contact Andrea Hayes.