Jump to:Page Content
CID awards modest grants on a competitive basis to first year students who undertake summer internships on development projects through the Harvard International Development Internship Fund (HIDIF).
Grant Criteria and Eligibility:
- Competition is open to HKS 1st year students.
- Internship must be on a development related issue.
- Internship must take place in a developing country other than the student’s home country.
- Internship must be 8 weeks or longer at one organization.
- Priority will be given to internships related to CID's faculty affiliated projects.
Application deadline: March 28, 2016
To apply, go to the online application via KNET. Application packages should include the following:
- Summer Programs Online Application (available via KNET’s link above)
- Statement of Purpose (1 page describing your interest in international development and how this internship relates)
- Current Resume
- Sponsor Letter from the organization for which you will be working
ALL APPLICANTS must also complete the following documents:
In the event a student is awarded from HIDIF, submission of these documents ensure that the award checks are processed prior to departure for the internship.
Without these documents, we do not guarantee funding in a timely manner.
Email completed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'HIDIF Summer Internship.'
Questions? Contact Andrea Hayes.
MPA/ID students interned with the Albanian Ministry of Agriculture in 2014.