CPL in the News
- Why you maybe shouldn't write a memoir [Arthur Brooks] The Atlantic
- Black women hired onto whiter teams are more likely to get flagged as 'low performers' [Elizabeth Linos] Huffington Post
- Jacinda Ardern has a lot to be proud of as former prime minister of New Zealand, and one big confession to make [Hauser Leader Jacinda Ardern] Harvard Kennedy School
- Let's give Black World War II vets what we promised [Cornell William Brooks] The New Republic
- Five ways to make sure you get more sleep [Arthur Brooks] The Atlantic
- Who will investigate the Lewiston shooting, and how? A national security expert explains [Juliette Kayyem] GBH
- New Zealand's ex-Premier Jacinda Ardern will join conversation group to rally for environmental action [Hauser Leader Jacinda Ardern] ABC News
- Did you hear what I said? How to listen better [Julia Minson] HBS Working Knowledge
- In Rice, state turns to National Guard vet to oversee Massachusetts' strained shelter system [Juliette Kayyem] Boston Globe
- FBI director warns antisemitism in U.S. reaching 'historic levels' [Juliette Kayyem] CNN
- Ask and All: A rallying call to the nation [Gov. Deval Patrick] The Hill
- You might love candy, but does it make you happy? [Arthur Brooks] The Atlantic
- In a diverse collaboration to tackle a wicked problem, where do you start? [Hannah Riley Bowles and Jorrit de Jong] Science Animated
- What is compelling to do right now? [Marshall Ganz] The Harvard Gazette
- In favour of simple writing [Todd Rogers] The Economist
- A devastating attack by Hamas [Juliette Kayyem] The Atlantic
- You're writing it wrong [Todd Rogers]The Harvard Gazette
- Trump's 'marching order' sparks fears of violence [Juliette Kayyem] Newsweek
- Obama on parenting and the key to alleviate poverty [Arthur C. Books and Robert Putnam] CBS News
- Feeling burned out? Here’s what to do. [Arthur C. Brooks] The Atlantic
- NYC transit workers say they’re still not trained to deal with gunfire [Juliette Kayyem] The City NYC
- Myth: Women don't negotiate [Hannah Riley Bowles] Busted Podcast
- Homegrown review: Timothy McVeigh and the rise of the Trumpist threat [Juliette Kayyem] The Guardian
- Harvard Kennedy students present at City Hall [Linda Bilmes] Everett Independent
- Trump was a force of nature—and that’s a warning [David Gergen] CNN
- Will Pay Transparency Laws Make Salary Negotiations Fairer? [Hannah Riley Bowles] Law360
- US is still living with consequences of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars [Linda Bilmes] The Boston Globe
- How smart people can stop being miserable [Arthur Brooks] The Atlantic
- Harvard Kennedy School Research Shows Youth Participation in Major Protests Increases Likelihood of Success [Zoe Marks] The Harvard Crimson
- The Secret Service’s Day of Reckoning Approaches [Juliette Kayyem] The Atlantic
- Five Areas Where AI Is Revolutionizing The Biopharmaceutical Industry [Guadalupe Hayes-Mota, CPL Equity Fellow] Forbes
- What makes leadership development programs succeed? [Dana Born] Harvard Business Review
- The GI Bill was one of the worst racial injustices of the 20th century. Congress can fix it. [Cornell William Brooks, Linda Bilmes] Boston Globe Opinion
- The problem with using inclusionary zoning to build affordable housing [Linda Bilmes] Boston Globe Opinion
- Black + Iconic - Unsung Heroes [Hauser Leader Latosha Brown] BET
- False reports of school shootings are a 'second curse' [Juliette Kayyem] WGBH
- Happiness is a warm coffee [Arthur Brooks] The Atlantic
- New program aims to invest in Black women’s leadership in the South [Power, Innovation and Leadership executive education program] The 19th
- Tyre Nichols and policing as public health [Cornell William Brooks] CNN
- Public Service in Pink [Hauser Leader Leni Robredo] Harvard International Review
- The Hidden Link Between Workaholism and Mental Health [Arthur Brooks] The Atlantic
- The political polarization of COVID-19 treatments among physicians and laypeople in the United States [Julia Minson] PNAS
What does it mean to collaborate across party lines, ideological differences, and cultures? How do we effectively bridge gaps in beliefs, communication, and policies?
Former prime minister of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern explored...
For more than 25 years, Ai-jen Poo has worked to transform the field of domestic work. As president of the National Domestic Workers Alliance and executive director of Caring Across Generations, Poo’s mission is to ensure basic labor protections for domestic workers, such as overtime pay...
A lifelong learner, leader, and practitioner, David Gergen has dedicated his career to helping others chart their own paths in public service. Following over 20 years of dedicated involvement, Gergen is now celebrating his retirement from Harvard Kennedy School.
My name is Ayesha Islam and I am a Master in Public Policy candidate here at the Harvard Kennedy School (HKS). I grew up in New York City — Queens, specifically! — and my parents are originally from Bangladesh. Prior to graduate school, I worked for local government in New York...
When I began my search for an internship last winter, I knew I wanted to focus on urban anti-poverty policy and I had a strong preference to return to New York City, where I had lived and worked before moving to Cambridge...
A policy adopted by the Trump Administration in 2020, Title 42, allowed border agents to expel migrants on public health grounds, leaving many without a chance to seek asylum. The rule had been used to expel migrants 2.6 million times since March 2020...
As we settle into the spring semester, we are delighted to share new developments sprouting in our CPL community.
We round out this year with profound gratitude. In addition to the many big steps forward our team has taken this year to bring a common experience to fellowships at CPL across cohorts and the continued expansion of faculty affiliations...
We welcome you to the 2023-2024 academic year! At the Center for Public Leadership, our mission is to inspire and enhance the capacity for principled, effective public leadership in government, politics, civil society, and business...