Program activities include:
- Conducted the sixteenth annual session of the FIPED (Financial Institutions for Private Enterprise Development) Executive Education Program on the sustainable provision of financial services for low-income households and micro, small, and medium sized enterprises.
- Launched a new degree program course, PED-321 (Financial Services for Low-Income Households and Family Businesses).
- Advised MPP and MPA/ID students writing PAEs and SYPAs on financial sector development.
- Disseminated the multimedia teaching case (Part A and Part B) on Akbank, Turkey’s largest private bank, prepared with grants from M-RCBG and The American Turkish Society.
- Commenced enhancement of SymBanc, a systems dynamics-based virtual bank developed with funding from the Harvard Provost’s Office and the HKS predecessor to SLATE, and used in HKS executive education and degree courses.
- Conducted an in-depth study on building a more inclusive financial sector in Indonesia with funding from the Asian Economic Policy Review (AEPR), the Japan Center for Economic Research, and the HKS Indonesia Program, which was presented in Osaka at the APER Conference on “Developments in Asian Finance” and subsequently published in AEPR (December 2011).