Today’s healthcare policy challenges require novel approaches and non-traditional alliances that bring together leaders from business, government, academia, and the non-profit sector.
Founded in 2016, the Healthcare Policy Leadership Council is a network of business, philanthropic, and civic innovators who serve as both intellectual and financial partners to the Healthcare Policy Program.
Membership and Support
The Healthcare Policy Leadership Council consists of members who engage philanthropically with the Healthcare Policy Program through two annual giving tiers. All members are nominated by members of the Leadership Council or Harvard Kennedy School officials and evaluated by Harvard University. All members possess a shared dedication to philanthropically supporting the mission, growth, and impact of the Healthcare Policy Program. Individual members are invited based on demonstrated leadership and professional accomplishments. Corporate members are welcomed based on an active commitment to healthcare policy. These resources provide the Healthcare Policy Program with the foundational support needed to support research, teaching and policy outreach.
The Healthcare Policy Program hosts the Healthcare Policy Leadership Council for biannual policy dialogues on the Harvard University campus. These meetings provide access to the newest research findings, policy briefings, and the expertise of Harvard faculty and other global leaders, as well as lively discussions with members and presenters. These meetings serve as a forum for members to share innovations in their respective fields.
Past meetings include:
- The Future of U.S. Healthcare: Productivity Improvements, Public Policy, and Medical Innovation (7/13/23, Harvard)
- COVID-19: A Conversation with Two Former FDA Commissioners (11/19/21, Zoom)
- COVID-19: Care Delivery During a Pandemic, Therapeutics and Vaccine Innovation (6/15/21, Zoom)
- Macroeconomic Outlook and Long-Term Financial Forecast (11/13/20, Zoom)
- COVID-19: Physician and Economist Perspectives (4/30/20, Zoom)
- Innovation in Healthcare Delivery (11/7/19, Asheville, NC)
- The Future of U.S. Healthcare: Medicaid, Social Spending, Exchanges, and Pharmaceutical Pricing (5/17/19, Harvard)
- The Future of U.S. Healthcare: Opioid Dependency, Payment Reform, and Incentives for BioPharma Innovation (11/16/18, Harvard)
- The Future of U.S. Healthcare: Novel Mergers, Prices, Innovation, Telemedicine, Artificial Intelligence (6/1/18, Harvard)
- What's Next? Evolving Prospects for Healthcare Reform (4/14/17, Harvard)
- Biopharma: Innovation and Regulation (4/22/16, Harvard)
- Opportunities to Expand Treatments for HCV and HIV in India (8/4/16, Mumbai)
Guest speakers include:
- Vivek Murthy, U.S. Surgeon General
- Robert Califf, Commissioner, Food and Drug Administration
- Margaret Hamburg, Foreign Secretary, National Academy of Medicine and Former Commissioner, Food and Drug Administration
Members of the Healthcare Policy Leadership Council include:
- Ballad Health
- Costs of Care
- David W. Johnson, 4Sight Health LLC
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - Point32Health
- MAXIMUS Inc.