Today, the Women's Leadership Board is comprised of 120+ individuals and 14 corporations, each of whom has been nominated for membership by WLB members or WAPPP leadership. The following details the Women's Leadership Board's work:
- Support WAPPP and engage with the program in the areas of research, teaching, training, and outreach.
- Using their experience and expertise, serve as an effective communicator and promoter of the gender research created by WAPPP. Promote the work of Harvard Kennedy School faculty to help advance the overall role of women in society.
- Participate in WLB meetings, as well as other WAPPP events and Harvard Kennedy School events.
- Support the next generation of women leaders. Work with WAPPP to support research, fellowships, and student internships.
In addition to active involvement in each of these areas, the members of the Women's Leadership Board may participate in learning and networking activities at Harvard University and throughout the world to build a network of influential women committed to philanthropically supporting the research agenda of the Women and Public Policy Program.
- Candidates for membership must be pre-eminent in their chosen field and have attained recognized leadership positions within it.
- Candidates must support the mission of the Women and Public Policy Program and have a demonstrated commitment to the advancement of women and gender equity.
- Candidates should have circles of influence beyond their professional sphere and participate in community, national, or international causes.
- Board members participate in board meetings.
- Board members may be asked to participate in mentoring activities.
- Board members may be asked to share relevant expertise in Women's Leadership Board executive training programs.
- All Board members engage philanthropically with the Women and Public Policy Program through their company or personally with a minimum annual contribution of $20,000.
Prospective members are nominated by Harvard Kennedy School officials and existing members. To nominate a member, please email Hanna Rassouli (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your nominee’s resume/CV and bio.