In light of recent developments with the Coronavirus, including Harvard restrictions on travel and large gatherings, we have reluctantly decided to cancel the Economics and Social Policy Seminar Series for the remainder of the spring. We will coordinate with speakers and try to secure fall invitations.
The Economics and Social Policy Seminar Series draws leading economists to campus to share their empirical research on issues related to inequality and social policy. The series is hosted by the Malcolm Wiener Center for Social Policy. The faculty organizers are Desmond Ang, Michela Carlana, and Mark Shepard.
The seminar will meet every Tuesday from 12:00pm to 1:00pm in the David Ellwood Democracy Lab, Rubenstein 414 (unless otherwise noted), on the HKS campus. Lunch will be served at 11:45am and the seminar begins promptly at noon.
Spring 2020 Schedule
- February 4—PETER BLAIR, Assistant Professor of Education, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- February 11—JOHN VAN REENEN, Gordon Y Billard Professor in Management and Economics, MIT
- February 18—EMILY OSTER, Professor of Economics, Brown University
- February 25—CHRISTOPHER A NEILSON, Assistant Professor of Economics, Princeton University
- March 3—NICO VOIGTLAENDER, Professor of Economics, UCLA, Anderson School of Management
- March 10—CANCELLED AMANDA KOWALSKI, Gail Wilensky Professor of Applied Economics and Public Policy, University of Michigan Department of Economics
- March 17—NO SEMINAR – SPRING BREAK
- March 24—CANCELLED TEODORA BONEVA, Associate Professor, Hertford College
- March 31—CANCELLED DESMOND ANG, Associate Professor of Public Policy, Harvard Kennedy School
- April 7—CANCELLED BRUCE SACERDOTE, Richard S. Braddock 1963 Professor in Economics Professor of Economics at Stanford Graduate School of Business, Dartmouth
- April 14—CANCELLED DAMON JONES, Associate Professor, University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy
- April 21—CANCELLED DAVID DEMING, Professor of Public Policy, Harvard Kennedy School
- April 28—CANCELLED JORGE LUIS GARCIA, Assistant Professor, Clemson University
- May 5—CANCELLED ILYANA KUZIEMKO, Professor of Economics, Princeton University
For questions or more information, email Jessica McClanahan: firstname.lastname@example.org