Courses relevant to criminal justice policy and management are offered at the Harvard Kennedy School as well as other Harvard schools.
- View the Harvard-wide online course catalog
- View a sample list of relevant Crime, Justice, and Violence courses at Harvard
Faculty and research staff of the Program in Criminal Justice Policy and Management (PCJ) have been engaged in a variety of research efforts, which include:
- The Boston Ceasefire project and a similar problem-solving project in San Francisco and Oakland;
- An analysis of illicit firearms markets in Boston; case studies of successful relationships between communities and police;
- Case studies of how police departments have managed the strategic change to community policing;
- The impact of crime on development in developing countries;
- Executive Sessions on Public Defense, Policing, Human Rights Commissions, and State Courts.
Materials and findings from these research projects are often included in class discussions.
The PCJ is a research program - not a degree program