Hosted by the US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs
On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 from 10:30-12:30 (ET) in Washington, DC Attorney General Loretta Lynch, Assistant Attorney General Karol V. Mason, and an esteemed panel of leading experts—including members of the Executive Session on Community Corrections and the National Institute of Justice—will discuss the challenges that justice-involved young adults present, as well as the significant opportunities that exist for reform.
- This event is hosted by the United States Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs (DOJ/OJP)
Also at this event a new report will be released as the first in a brand-new series 'New Thinking in Community Corrections' which focuses on the latest science and thinking from Executive Session on Community Corrections (2013-2016) and was written by Executive Session members Vincent Schiraldi, Bruce Western, and Kendra Bradner.
- Loretta E. Lynch, Attorney General of the United States
- Karol V. Mason (Moderator), Assistant Attorney General, Office of Justice Programs, United States Department of Justice
- Stuart Delery, Acting Associate Attorney General, Office of Justice Programs, United States Department of Justice
- Howard Spivak, MD, Deputy Director and Chief of Staff, United States Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice
- John King Jr., Senior Advisor Delegated Deputy Secretary, United States Department of Education
- Broderick Johnson, Assistant to the President and Cabinet Secretary; Chair of the My Brother's Keeper Task Force
- Joan Azrack, United States District Judge, Eastern District of New York
- Elizabeth Cauffman, Professor and Chancellor's Fellow; Department of Psychology and Social Behavior, University of California
- Glenn E. Martin, Founder and President, JustLeadership USA
- Katherine Weinstein Miller, Chief of Alternative Programs and Initiatives, Office of the District Attorney, San Francisco
- Vincent N. Schiraldi, Senior Advisor, New York City Mayor's Office of Criminal Justice*
*Mr. Schiraldi's title at the time of this event; he is presently Senior Research Fellow, Program in Criminal Justice Policy and Management at Harvard Kennedy School
- Bruce Western, Professor of Sociology, Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Harvard University; Daniel and Florence Guggenheim Professor of Criminal Justice, Director of the Malcolm Wiener Center for Social Policy, and the Faculty Director, Program in Criminal Justice Policy and Management at Harvard Kennedy School
The Program in Criminal Justice Policy and Management at Harvard Kennedy School gratefully acknowledges the US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, National Institute of Justice, for allowing us to reproduce, in part or in whole, the video, Justice Involved Young Adults.
The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this video are those of the speaker(s) and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the US Department of Justice.