The LRAP application is completed online and is located here.
In order to login, you need to use your SPARKS login ID and password. If you are a previous SPARKS user, the SPARKS ID and password will be the same as you used previously. If you are not a previous SPARKS user, you will need to contact the LRAP Administrator in order to obtain appropriate login credentials.
Please note that there is a five year limit of participation in the LRAP program.
A complete LRAP application consists of the following:
- LRAP Application (completed online here).
- Statement of Purpose.
Documentation from lenders that reflects how much you owe, your monthly payment and that you are not behind on your payments:
Documentation of spouse's student loans (if applicable).
Direct Loan Statements can be obtained from your Servicer:
Citibank Loan Statements can be obtained from StudentLoan.
- Perkins Loan Information -- You do not need to submit a copy of your Perkins loan statements; we will verify your Perkins loan repayment information directly with the Harvard Student Loan Office.
- Download the Employment Certification Form to be completed by employer specifying the nature of your employment and your total annual compensation including any housing benefits, per diem payments, location adjustments and any other financial benefits that are received in addition to your salary.
- Letter from spouse's employer, if applicable, documenting spouse's annual earnings.
- Most recent tax return. If you did not file taxes in the most recent tax period, you must provide a written explanation.
- Spouse's tax return (if filed separately and applicable).
Mailing Address and Fax
The preferred method of submitting LRAP supporting materials (loan statements, employment certification form, tax returns) is by uploading them into the application, found here.
If you are unable to upload the documents, you may email them as attachments, fax them to (617) 496-1165 or mail them to the following:
Harvard Kennedy School of Government
79 JFK St, Box 93
Cambridge, MA 02138