Creating Collaborative Solutions: Innovations in Governance
Yesterday's institutions weren't designed for today's realities.
That's something that global leaders like you continue to learn every day. The solution? Transform your capabilities in order to address emergent social challenges in a different way.
It's not just about "fixing government." Indeed, government needs to take the lead by combing the overall capacities of society’s different sectors and institutions in joint problem-solving initiatives. The skills needed to create these new arrangements are not those used to run traditional top-down organizations. Instead, they are the ones social entrepreneurs use to marshal diverse resources beyond their direct control.
Collaborative Solutions in Governance: A Different Strategy
Creating Collaborative Solutions: Innovations in Governance is a one-week executive program exploring these groundbreaking efforts. Led by Harvard Kennedy School Professor Mark Moore, this program reveals new modes of working collaboratively across traditional political and organizational boundaries to identify, understand and address emerging social problems.
You and your peers will immerse yourselves in an engaging and interactive learning environment, one that will include a real-work project focusing on a challenge from your current environment. You will have the unique opportunity to hone in on this challenge and develop solutions based on faculty and peer feedback.
Creating Collaborative Solutions will:
- Introduce you to new method of working across sectors and institutions to solve problems jointly.
- Examine methods of building and deploying a network of resources.
- Build your capacity in strategic management, adaptive leadership, innovation and negotiation.
- Enable you to work on a real-life challenge and get peer and faculty feedback.
- Provide you with a lasting network of peers with similar backgrounds and experience.