Leadership in Crises: Preparation and Performance
Natural disasters. Infrastructure failures. Major technology breaches. Terrorist attacks. Public health emergencies.
These are the kinds of extraordinary challenges that leaders like you face every day. Do you feel fully prepared to handle all of them? In our one-week executive education program, Leadership in Crises: Preparation and Performance, you'll learn how to successfully manage, survive and recover from the unexpected.
Essential Crisis Management Skills
In this program, you'll learn how to build the expertise you need to ensure a more successful crisis management process. You'll also learn how to effectively gather critical information, adapt to unique circumstances and prioritize effectively. Leadership in Crises also looks at how to build bridges across boundaries, presenting perspectives on planning, training and implementing, so that senior managers like you can have systems in place in advance of a critical event.
Leadership in Crises will provide you and a global cohort of your peers with a greater understanding of:
- The dynamics of emergencies overall and what differentiates crisis situations from routine emergencies
- The role leadership plays in crafting and executing appropriate responses and preparing organizations in advance of a crisis
- The skills leaders need for working decisively in the highly concentrated time-frame of an emergency, while maintaining a focus on managing and motivating a team
- The critical demands of large-scale crises that engage multiple response organizations from many jurisdictions and levels of government
- The tensions that frequently arise between senior emergency management professionals and political leaders and how they can work together effectively