Earn an Executive Certificate in Economic Development
The Economic Development concentration is for leaders focused on improving the economic, political, and social well-being of nations.
Through these executive programs, you will:
- Learn cutting-edge strategies in economic development and financial management.
- Enhance your leadership skills and ability to drive policy change.
Alumni with Executive Certificates in Economic Development include elected and unelected national leaders, policy experts, and leaders of multilateral finance institutions.
Executive Certificate Requirements
To earn your Executive Certificate in Economic Development, you must finish three programs within six years, at least two of which must be from the list of core programs below. Programs may be a mix of online or on-campus. You will need to apply for each program separately and complete them at your own pace within six years. You will receive a $500 discount on your final program.
Create your own learning experience by completing a minimum of 2 programs from the Economic Development concentration core programs below. Your third program may be completed from the list below OR any HKS Executive Education program (with the exception of Investment Decisions and Behavioral Finance):
- Climate Change and Energy
- Climate Change Policy: Economics and Politics
- Comparative Tax Policy and Administration
- Implementing Public Policy
- Infrastructure in a Market Economy
- Leading Economic Growth
- Leading Green Growth: Economic Strategies for a Low-Carbon World
- Leading Smart Policy Design
Alumni from the programs listed below may also receive an Executive Certificate by completing two additional programs within six years, at least one of which must be from the list of core programs above.
- A Cutting Edge of Economic Development
- Budgeting in a Time of Crisis
- COVID-19s Economic Impact and Crafting an Effective Policy Response
- Global Change Agents
- Leaders in Development
- Moral Leadership in an Imperfect World
- Public Finance in a Complex World
- Public-Private Partnerships for Infrastructure
- Rethinking Financial Inclusion
- Trade Policy for Today's World (Formerly Mastering Trade Policy)
Explore Our Executive Education Programs
Learn about upcoming programs available through Harvard Kennedy School Executive Education.