Earn an Executive Certificate in Nonprofit Leadership
If you have a leadership role in a nonprofit organization, a non-governmental organization, or your community, our Nonprofit Leadership concentration can help you get to the next level as a leader. These executive development programs will enhance your skills in areas such as:
- Program/project delivery and assessment
- Organizing for social change
- Improving outcomes through excellence in leadership
Alumni with Executive Certificates in Nonprofit Leadership from Harvard Kennedy School Executive Education include executive/deputy directors, presidents, development directors, community organizers, and CFOs.
Executive Certificate Requirements
To earn your Executive Certificate in Nonprofit Leadership, you must finish three programs within six years, at least two of which must be from the list of core programs below. Programs may be a mix of online or on-campus. You will need to apply for each program separately and complete them at your own pace within six years. You will receive a $500 discount on your final program.
Create your own learning experience by completing a minimum of 2 programs from the Nonprofit Leadership concentration core programs below. Your third program may be completed from the list below OR any HKS Executive Education program (with the exception of Investment Decisions and Behavioral Finance):
- Driving Nonprofit Performance and Innovation (formerly Performance Measurement for Effective Management of Nonprofit Organizations)
- Evidence for Equity
- Leadership, Organizing and Action
- Leading Successful Programs: Using Evidence to Assess Effectiveness
- Nonprofit Financial Stewardship
- Nonprofit Management and Leadership: Strategies for Organizational Success
- Public Narrative: Leadership, Storytelling, and Action
- Strategic Fundraising for Nonprofit Leaders
- Transforming Service Delivery for the 21st Century (formerly Delivering Public Services: Efficiency, Equity, and Quality)
Alumni from the programs listed below may also receive an Executive Certificate by completing two additional programs within six years, at least one of which must be from the list of core programs above.
- A Course in Exponential Fundraising
- Creating Public Value
- Leading Nonviolent Movements for Social Progress
- Mobilizing Your Nonprofit Board
- Moral Leadership in an Imperfect World
- Strategic Frameworks for Nonprofit Organizations
Explore Our Executive Education Programs
Learn about upcoming programs available through Harvard Kennedy School.