Earn an Executive Certificate in Public Policy
The Public Policy concentration is for experienced policymakers seeking to become more powerful catalysts for meaningful policy change. In these executive leadership programs, you will:
- Discover how to become more efficient and effective in policy development and delivery.
- Learn innovative leadership skills essential for public policy experts.
- Hone your expertise on an urgent public policy topic.
Alumni with Executive Certificates in Public Policy include elected officials at the federal/national and local-levels, policy experts, and leaders of advocacy organizations.
Executive Certificate Requirements
To earn your Executive Certificate in Public Policy, you must finish three programs within six years, at least two of which must be from the list of core programs below. Programs may be a mix of online or on-campus. You will need to apply for each program separately and complete them at your own pace within six years. You will receive a $500 discount on your final program.
Create your own learning experience by completing a minimum of 2 programs from the Public Policy concentration core programs below. Your third program may be completed from the list below OR any HKS Executive Education program (with the exception of Investment Decisions and Behavioral Finance):
- Behavioral Insights and Public Policy
- Climate Change and Energy: Policymaking for the Long Term
- Climate Change Policy
- Comparative Tax Policy and Administration
- Cybersecurity: The Intersection of Policy and Technology
- Evidence for Equity
- Implementing Public Policy
- Infrastructure in a Market Economy
- Leadership and Character in Uncertain Times
- Leadership Decision Making
- Leadership in Emerging Technology: Security, Strategy & Risk
- Leading Economic Growth
- Leading in Artificial Intelligence: Exploring Technology and Policy
- Leading Smart Policy Design
- Leading Successful Programs: Using Evidence to Assess Effectiveness
- Senior Executives in National and International Security
- Senior Executive Fellows
- Senior Executives in State and Local Government
- Senior Managers in Government
- Strategies for Inclusive Growth
- Transforming Service Delivery for the 21st Century (formerly Delivering Public Services: Efficiency, Equity, and Quality)
Alumni from the programs listed below may also receive an Executive Certificate by completing two additional programs within six years, at least one of which must be from the list of core programs above.
- A Cutting Edge of Economic Development
- Budgeting in a Time of Crisis
- COVID-19's Economic Impact and Crafting an Effective Policy Response
- Creating Collaborative Solutions
- Digital Transformation in Government
- Driving Government Performance
- Global Change Agents
- Global Health and Security
- Innovation for Economic Development
- Leading Nonviolent Movements for Social Progress
- Moral Leadership in an Imperfect World
- Public Finance in a Complex World
- Public-Private Partnerships for Infrastructure
- Recovering the Public in Public Value
- Rethinking Financial Inclusion
- Senior Executives in State and Local Government: Leading Resilient Communities
- Trade Policy for Today's World (Formerly Mastering Trade Policy)
Explore Our Executive Education Programs
Learn about upcoming programs available through Harvard Kennedy School.