Thank you for your interest in Harvard Kennedy School Executive Education. Here is everything you need to know about applying to one of our executive programs.
Application deadlines are generally one to two months in advance of the program start date. Please visit the respective program pages for specific deadlines.
Since programs often fill to capacity, we recommend applying early to enhance your chances of admission.
Learn how first-time applicants can create an account.
- Select “Create an Account.”
- Enter the requested information. If your organization is not listed, enter “Unknown Organization.” Click “Submit.”
- You will receive an email with a link to set your password.
- Enter an eight-character password that contains letters and at least 1 number. You will then be logged in to the Application Portal.
- Proceed to “Start a New Application” instructions directly below.
Learn how current account holders can start a new application.
- Log in to the Account Portal.
- Select “Start A New Application” on the right side of the screen.
- Select the program and session you wish to apply for.
- Once you have completed all required fields, select “Review and Save Application” at the bottom. If you have missed any required fields, the progress meter will not show 100%. You can review your application and complete any fields you may have missed.
- To print or save a copy of your application, select the “print” icon at the top of the screen.
- If you select “Submit Your Application,” you will be asked to verify and sign your application.
- After you submit your application, you will receive an email confirmation.
- You will receive an email with any updates to your application status within three weeks.
- Only use the navigation buttons located within the portal; do not use your browser's “back” button.
- Save your work often. If you leave your session unattended for 60 minutes or longer, your session may time out and cause your unsaved work to be lost.
At Harvard Kennedy School Executive Education, we believe having diverse global cohorts generates a wealth of perspectives that enriches the experience of every program participant. As such, we welcome applicants who represent a range of backgrounds, professional roles, and geographic regions.
We assess candidates based on the following criteria:
- Experience: We evaluate your record of accomplishments and range of responsibilities. Most admitted applicants have at least 10 years of professional experience. However, some select programs are designed for talented emerging leaders.
- Education: In recognition that leaders are formed from a vast array of experiences, we have no specific educational requirements.
- Language: You must have fluency in written and spoken English.
For most programs, qualified candidates are admitted on a rolling, space-available basis. Once the review process has begun, applicants typically receive email notification of the Admission Committee's decision within three weeks. This timeframe may be extended due to the volume of applications or the program start date.
All communications you receive from Harvard Kennedy School Executive Education will come via email. Please add email@example.com to your address book so that no emails end up in your spam folder.
Harvard University welcomes individuals with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you would like to request accommodations or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Laura Simolaris at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of your participation or visit. Please note: The university will make every effort to secure services, but they are subject to availability.
All information submitted is confidential.