Session Date-Application DeadlineProgram Fee$4,800Faculty ChairProgram Director
We are currently accepting applications for the upcoming session. Please submit your application or contact the program director for additional information.
Executive Certificate: This program is a core program in the Public Leadership and Public Policy concentrations. This program can also be used as a third program for any concentration in the Executive Certificate series.
Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs): This program aligns with one or more Executive Core Qualifications.
Traditionally, many government policies are designed on the assumption that people behave rationally. The result? Policies that are ineffective or even backfire.
Behavioral Insights and Public Policy (Online), led by faculty chair Todd Rogers and featuring renowned scholars and practitioners, will introduce you to cutting-edge research from various social science disciplines that can help inform policy development and craft policies with more successful outcomes.
This online program uses a unique combination of lectures, case studies, participant presentations, small-group workshops, experiential learning, and robust class discussions to deliver the curriculum. You will have the opportunity to apply your learnings immediately, through simulations, group learning, and assignments designed to support you in applying these lessons directly to your professional context.
Behavioral Insights and Public Policy will provide you with:
- Behavioral science strategies for more effective policies
- A deep understanding of the factors that drive individual behavior
- Opportunities to apply your behavioral science learning to your professional context in real time
- Cutting-edge research from behavioral economics, public policy, cognitive and social psychology, and other social sciences
- A lasting network of peers with similar backgrounds and experience
Behavioral Insights and Public Policy is designed for policymakers and policy implementers. Participants have a wide range of backgrounds, policy areas, and responsibilities.
Recommended applicants include:
- Officials in national, state/provincial and local governments who wish to apply behavioral insights to develop more effective policy interventions
- Representatives from foundations and nonprofit organizations who work on public policy issues and wish to increase the effectiveness of the projects they undertake, fund or evaluate
A background in economics, statistics, psychology or any other specific discipline is not required.
Live sessions will be held on alternating days over three weeks; all sessions are conducted on Zoom. View the draft program schedule. Note that session titles and sequence may change, but timing and structure will not.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS ARE SAYING
“The quality of instruction and the speakers for this program were absolutely fantastic, and the opportunity to engage directly with leading researchers in this field was a privilege.”
Hear From the Faculty Chair
Todd Rogers discusses Strategic Fundraising for Nonprofit Leaders and why he designed this program.