Climate Change and Energy: Policymaking for the Long Term
Applications may be submitted after the deadline and will be considered if space remains. Please contact the program director for additional information.
Program Fee: The program fee includes tuition, housing, curricular materials and most meals.
Executive Certificate: This program is part of the Economic Development and Public Policy Executive Certificate series.
Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs): This program aligns with one or more Executive Core Qualifications.
Climate change is arguably one of the most important global issues we face in the 21st century. It is widely recognized by scientists and many policymakers as posing significant risks, not only to the environment, but also society and the global economy. Governments have been attempting to address this difficult challenge since at least 1992—cooperatively through the United Nations and through national and subnational policy. Most governments are also making plans to adapt to the climate change that is likely to occur.
An Executive Program on Climate Change
Developed by Harvard Kennedy School faculty, Climate Change and Energy: Policymaking for the Long Term is a week-long executive program convening policymakers and corporate leaders from around the world to consider: the facts about climate change and its impacts; potential policies to address climate change; why some governments might choose to address climate change more or less vigorously; and how sub-national governments and non-governmental actors might complement action by national governments.
Led by Professor Robert Stavins, this program will provide you with:
- Deep insights into the science, economics and policy of climate change, and closely related aspects of energy production and use
- Cutting-edge research from the field
- Analytical tools and conceptual frameworks to better understand climate related policies
- One-on-one interaction with world-class faculty and leading experts in climate change
- A global network of peers who will serve as an invaluable professional resource after the program