Crisis Leadership in Higher Education
Applications may be submitted after the deadline and will be considered if space remains. Please contact the program director for additional information.
Program Fee: The program fee includes tuition, housing, curricular materials and most meals.
Executive Certificate: This program is part of the Public Leadership and Public Policy Executive Certificate series.
Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs): This program aligns with one or more Executive Core Qualifications.
Disorderly protests. Hostage situations. Extreme weather. Violence on campus.
It's impossible to control whether a crisis will happen at your institution. However, you can control the way you react to it and learn to handle it in a way that will protect your students and your institution's reputation.
Our Crisis Leadership in Higher Education program will help you respond to crises effectively, develop protocols and practices that minimize the potential for future occurrences and inspire confidence in the long-term success of your institution.
Strategies for a Crisis
Crisis Leadership in Higher Education gives you critical information about proactive training and planning so you can implement effective crisis management systems in advance of a critical event. The program is designed by faculty from the Harvard Graduate School of Education and Harvard Kennedy School.
Crisis Leadership in Higher Education will provide you with:
- The tools needed to diagnose and understand the event
- Frameworks to help recognize critical distinctions between different types of crises
- The ability to foster situational awareness and ensure appropriate accountability during and after crisis events
- The skills to understand and manage both policy and operational concerns
- A rich combination of Harvard Kennedy School faculty experience in crisis management and Harvard Graduate School of Education faculty knowledge of higher education
- A lasting network of higher education professionals whom you can call on for support