Session Date-Application DeadlineProgram Fee$3,800Program Director
Please note there will be a mandatory onboarding session and program sessions on Thursday, February 23rd from 9am – 12:30pm.
Disorderly protests. Extreme weather. Violence on campus. COVID. And – whatever the next crisis will turn out to be.
It's impossible to control whether and when a crisis will happen at your institution. However, you can control the extent to which you are prepared for it and the way you react to it – and you can learn approaches that will help you to protect your students, faculty, and staff … and your institution's reputation.
Our Crisis Leadership in Higher Education online program will help you prepare for and respond to crises more effectively, develop protocols and practices that minimize the potential for future occurrences and inspire confidence in the long-term success, survivability, and resilience of your institution.
Strategies for a Crisis
Designed by faculty from the Harvard Graduate School of Education and Harvard Kennedy School, Crisis Leadership in Higher Education gives you critical information about proactive training and planning so you can implement effective crisis management systems in advance of a critical event.
The online format is tailored to meet the needs of seniors leaders with busy, ongoing schedules. The faculty have organized the program to allow higher education risk managers the opportunity to engage with the program content. It uses tools developed to create a highly interactive setting in which participants can get to know the faculty and their peers through the virtual classroom, team building exercises, and in small groups.
View the draft program schedule.
Crisis Leadership in Higher Education will provide you with:
- Frameworks to help recognize critical distinctions between different types of crises
- The tools needed to diagnose and understand different kinds of emergency events
- The ability to foster situational awareness and ensure appropriate accountability during and after crisis events
- The skills to understand and manage both policy and operational concerns
- A rich combination of Harvard Kennedy School faculty experience in crisis management and Harvard Graduate School of Education faculty knowledge of higher education
- A lasting network of higher education professionals whom you can call on for support