A Cutting Edge of Development Thinking
Program Fee: The program fee includes tuition, curricular materials and most meals. Housing is not included.
Executive Certificate: This program is part of the Economic Development Executive Certificate series.
Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs): This program aligns with one or more Executive Core Qualifications.
Failed states like Somalia. Stagnant middle-income Latin American countries. Emerging African economies.
These (and many other parts of the world) are stark examples of a single truth: The world of development practice has become increasingly complex as practitioners are forced to explain extreme differences in growth patterns and possibilities.
At the same time, growth itself has become an inadequate goal to many—acceptable only if it is both sustainable and inclusive. Development paradigms are constantly shifting. And while these models try to make sense of this evolving landscape, most never seem to generate solutions for the pressing challenges of today.
An Executive Program in Development Thinking
Developed by Harvard Kennedy School along with the Center for International Development at Harvard University, A Cutting Edge of Development Thinking is the premier executive program for senior development officials who seek continuous learning in this ever-changing environment. Led by renowned Harvard faculty and leading experts in the field, this program examines the latest development thinking and research and trains you how to use these findings to inform strategic and tactical decisions. Whether a refresher in the latest development thinking, or a rigorous training for new senior officials, this executive program offers you the opportunity to lead teams based on the latest findings, tools and policy applications.
A Cutting Edge in Development Thinking will provide:
- Diagnostic frameworks to analyze latest thinking on constraints to the growth process
- Pioneering research on project management and implementation to build organizational capacity to achieve project outcomes
- Investment tools to guide economic strategies and the identification of new economic sectors for diversification and inclusion
- An interactive learning environment for you to meet, network and debate pressing development issues with renowned Harvard faculty and other leaders engaged in similar work
- A lasting network of peers with similar backgrounds and experience
- Evidence-based strategies for leveraging these research findings to make strategic and tactical decisions