Session Date-Application DeadlineProgram Fee$4,800Faculty ChairProgram Director
Executive Certificate: This program is a core program in the Nonprofit Leadership and Public Policy concentrations. This program can also be used as a third program for any concentration in the Executive Certificate series.
Delivering quality public services in an efficient and equitable manner is critical to the creation of public value. Government and nonprofit leaders in essential service provider roles are continually required to manage, evaluate, and adapt to meet the needs of citizens. With the increasing challenges of today’s world, are you meeting the needs of your community today? Are you prepared to provide consistent services in the face of future crises?
Designed by Faculty Chair Mark Fagan, Delivering Public Services: Efficiency, Equity, and Quality is a two-week online executive program to help you utilize new tools and technology to improve the quality of the services you provide at a lower cost. During the program, you will gain proven, practical methods to enhance cumbersome processes and inconsistent quality.
The program will convene a diverse group of policymakers and practitioners from around the world to examine these issues and explore the role technology can play in addressing them. In addition to interactive sessions with faculty, you will have an opportunity to work in small groups to apply these lessons to a specific operational challenge you bring to the program.
Delivering Public Services: Efficiency, Equity, and Quality is highly interactive online program consisting of live faculty-led sessions and offers a unique approach based in both theory and practice. Class sessions during include case studies from around the world highlighting service delivery challenges and how they can be solved. In addition, in-class simulations and break-out activities will foster peer discussion.
During the program, you will gain expertise in topics including:
- Operationalizing the delivery of quality services
- Exploring the root cause analysis toolkit
- Designing effective processes and workflows
- Analyzing capacity and throughput for effective service provision
- Managing periods of peak demand
- Understanding queues and the psychology of wait times
- Using technology to expand the reach of service delivery
- Measuring and managing performance for continual improvement
The program is also anchored around a personal operational challenge that you will work through using a guided framework of (1) problem definition and stakeholder mapping; (2) root cause analysis; (3) reengineering; and (4) implementation and intensive peer consultation.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to immediately apply the tools and frameworks you have learned to your current work environment to ensure your organization is a high-quality, high-efficiency, high-equity deliverer of public services.
Delivering Public Services is designed for a wide range of public sector and nonprofit managers who provide services to clients, customers, or constituents.
Participants who would find value in this program include:
- Individuals in public sector roles responsible for managing operations ranging from schools to public transit, public safety, hospitals, the court system, and more
- Officials who report directly to civic leaders such as mayors and governors
- Regional or local heads of federal agencies
- Directors of municipal, state, and federal departments
- Individuals from multilateral or nonprofit organizations who manage service delivery projects and programs
Take part in an invigorating and interactive live online program that still allows you time to balance day-to-day responsibilities.
This two-week program meets for live sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays giving you time in between to meet for small group meetings and balance other responsibilities. View a sample program schedule. Note that module titles, speakers, and sequence may change.