Global Change Agents: Crossing Boundaries, Building Bridges and Leading Change
Program Fee: The program fee includes tuition, housing, curricular materials and most meals.
Executive Certificate: This program is part of the Public Leadership and Economic Development Executive Certificate series.
Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs): This program aligns with one or more Executive Core Qualifications.
A new kind of leadership: The reality of globalization demands it.
Indeed, institutions and communities needs leadership with the capacity to:
- Deal with uncertainty.
- Inspire others to transcend old habits and mindsets.
- Orchestrate adaptive and creative problem-solving.
- Manage the stresses and losses associated with change.
- Collaboratively produce results that go beyond what is currently imagined or foreseen.
The good news? One does not have to be the boss to be a change agent.
A change agent uses creativity, power and authority to intervene and mobilize people to face tough realities. A change agent must be able to stimulate a process where people tackle essential issues and modify their values, habits, practices and priorities in order to make progress as a group, team, organization, community or nation.
A Whole New Paradigm for Change
Global Change Agents: Crossing Boundaries, Building Bridges and Leading Change is designed to help you explore deeply held assumptions, perspectives and beliefs about leadership, power, influence and what it means to effect change and make real progress. Over six intensive days, this executive program for agents of change will provide an in-depth understanding of this leadership model as well as important insights about the personal qualities involved in serving effectively as a change agent.
This program will explore how to:
- Cross boundaries with care to mobilize key factions and address interdependent problems.
- Harness the power of diversity for creative problem solving.
- Challenge your own group to modify their thinking habits, practices and priorities in order to respond more effectively to a changing environment.
- Build bridges between divided groups by serving as a frontier guide, reducing the mystery of the other, healing wounds and establishing productive partnerships.
- Intervene as a change agent with greater imagination and willingness to engage in persistent experimentation.
- Manage yourself as a lightning rod in the midst of change.