Leaders in Development is designed for a broad range of senior leaders from the public, corporate and nongovernmental sectors. They are united in that they each hold positions of leadership, work in challenging political and economic environments, and wish to use their positions to promote equitable and sustainable change in their countries.
Recommended applicants include:
- Senior political officials
- Senior-level policy makers and managers
- Senior military or law enforcement officers who are actively serving or who are transitioning to civilian service
- Executives of political and public interest organizations
- Leaders of nongovernmental organizations from or working in developing, newly industrialized, and transitional countries
Individuals from all countries—especially developing, newly industrialized, and transitional—are encouraged to apply. Proficiency in English is essential to benefit fully from the program.