Leadership for the 21st Century: Chaos, Conflict and Courage is a one-week executive program led by Lecturer Tim O'Brien, a leadership and adult development specialist.
What makes this program unique is that you get exposed to key leadership concepts in the moment. The dynamic classroom setting forces you to confront some of the very same conditions that make leadership—and being a leader—so challenging in the public sphere.
In class and in smaller group sessions you'll discuss how to:
- Exercise leadership without authority.
- Analyze and manage the dynamics that impede progress.
- Unlock individual and group creativity.
- Translate purpose and commitment into effectiveness.
- Find your voice.
- Stay alive in a leadership role.
A key element of the curriculum will be the personal leadership challenges that you and your colleagues in the program will be asked to discuss and reflect on. These challenges form the basis of peer group consultations throughout the week.