Leadership in Crises: Preparation and Performance (Online)
Public health emergencies. Natural disasters. Infrastructure failures. Major technology breaches. Terrorist attacks.
These are the kinds of extraordinary challenges that leaders like you face every day. Do you feel fully prepared to handle them? This five-day online session of Leadership in Crises will prepare you to successfully manage, survive, and recover from the unexpected.
Essential Crisis Management Skills
Leadership in Crises will help you learn how to build the expertise needed to ensure a more successful crisis management process. You will also learn how to effectively gather critical information, adapt to unique circumstances, and prioritize effectively. Led by world-renowned faculty, this interactive online curriculum explores how to build bridges across boundaries, presenting perspectives on planning, training and implementing, so that senior managers like you can have systems in place in advance of a critical event.
Leadership in Crises will provide you and a global cohort of your peers with a greater understanding of the:
- Dynamics of emergencies overall and what differentiates crisis situations from routine emergencies
- Role leadership plays in crafting and executing appropriate responses and preparing organizations in advance of a crisis
- Multiple dimensions of situational awareness
- Skills leaders need for working decisively in the highly concentrated time-frame of an emergency, while maintaining a focus on managing and motivating a team
- Critical coordination demands of large-scale crises that engage multiple response organizations from many jurisdictions and levels of government
- Tensions that frequently arise between senior emergency management professionals and political leaders and how they can work together effectively