Leadership in Crises draws on its participants' deep knowledge resulting in one of the strongest features of the course. Classes are made up of experienced professionals, which fosters a spirit of lively and informed conversation.
Recommended applicants include:
- Local, state and federal officials in departments including but not limited to public works, public health, emergency medicine, transportation, homeland security and education
- Elected officials who oversee emergency preparedness or participate in crisis response
- Senior leaders of first-response agencies
- Foreign Service, State Department, and other federal officials who craft or carry out responses to international humanitarian and diplomatic crises
- Active-duty military, Coast Guard, National Guard, or reserves who play roles in planning for or responding to disasters
- Executives in the corporate and nonprofit sectors with responsibility for disaster planning, management or recovery, or those who oversee large public events