Session Date-Application DeadlineProgram Fee$9,900Faculty ChairProgram Director
For information about requirements to participate in an executive program on the Harvard Kennedy School campus, please visit this page.
Program Fee: The program fee includes tuition, housing, curricular materials and most meals.
Executive Certificate: This program is part of the Public Policy Executive Certificate series.
Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs): This program aligns with one or more Executive Core Qualifications.
An executive program created jointly by Harvard’s Kennedy School and the John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
The use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) is expanding into nearly every sector of society—from healthcare and finance to transportation and government services. Yet, most decision makers do not fully understand how these technologies work, nor fully grasp their unintended consequences. Public trust in AI and ML requires that leaders understand and address questions around fairness, privacy, and bias.
The Leading in Artificial Intelligence: Exploring Technology and Policy executive program lies at the critical intersection of policy and technology and provides the tools and resources to better navigate this uncharted territory. Innovative yet practical, this program will strengthen your capacity to lead in AI, including how to mitigate risk without inhibiting innovation.
This pioneering program will enhance your knowledge of what AI is and isn’t, help you determine appropriate technologies for your organization, and sharpen your critical thinking around issues such as privacy, security, and fairness.
Through an interactive curriculum, you will:
- Learn to distinguish between AI and ML and understand their applications and use
- Explore ways to bridge the gap between the technology and policy sectors and forge meaningful collaborations
- Examine AI and ML governance frameworks with a focus on what is working and what is not
- Gain valuable new insights into how AI can be used for public good
Leading in Artificial Intelligence is designed for senior-level leaders in corporate, public, and nonprofit sectors involved in AI or ML product development, service delivery, or policymaking, such as:
- Senior leaders in government and the military
- CTOs, CIOs, CSOs, CISOs, CDOs, and other C-Suite officers
- Product developers and engineers
- Leaders of civic, social, and political organizations, and elected public officials
- Professionals in healthcare, financial services, transportation, utilities, education, and criminal justice
The professional experience, broad spectrum of perspectives, and background you bring to this program will be critical to the learning process. You should come prepared to help shape conversations, be challenged, and gain new insights about AI and ML technologies. This is your opportunity to lead in AI with renewed confidence and skill alongside peers from across sectors.
Immerse yourself with a cohort of fellow emerging leaders on Harvard’s historic campus. View the draft program schedule from a previous session. Note that module titles, speakers, and sequence may change.